Shardiya Navratri (Durga) Puja, 7th. to 15th. October 2021
Navratri is the most auspicious puja that Hindu households perform with a great religious fervor and enthusiasm. Translating as ‘Nine Nights’, Navratri puja has two versions namely Sharad(Winter) Navratri falling during the months of September – October and Chaitra Navratri observed during the months of March – April. This year, Sharad Navratri puja will be performed between October 17, 2021 and October 26, 2021.
This is one of the sacred festivals dedicated to Goddess Durga or Shakti. She represents the energy of the universe. Navaratri is celebrated with great devotion throughout the country. During these nine days where we worship nine different forms of Goddess Durga. Navratri puja is performed to honour the nine forms of Devi Durga. There are many reasons why we perform Navratri puja during Navratri days.
SCHEDULE OF PUJA / EVENTS
7-10-2021 Shilaputri Pujan.
7-10-2021 Brahmacharni Pujan.
8-10-2021 Chandraghanta Pujan.
9-10-2021 Kushmanda Pujan.
10-10-2021 Skandamata Pujan.
11-10-2021 Katyayani Pujan.
12-10-2021 Kalratri Pujan.
13-10-2021 Mahagauri Pujan.
14-10-2021 Siddhidatri Pujan.
15-10-2021 Vijayadashmi Celebrations.
- This is a Dedicated service, with one Purohit Assigned for one Puja for the entire duration of Navratri.
- Performed by experienced Tirth Purohits of Baba Baidyanath Temple, under supervision of a Learned Acharya.
- Entire Navratri Pujan follows comprehensively all steps of Maa Durga Pujan, from Awahan(invitation) to Visarjan(completion) as mentioned in ancient Puranas.
- Morning Sankalp, Panch Devta Pujan, Navgraha Pujan, Shodashmatrika Pujan, Kalash Pujan, Aarti, and Snippets of Chandi Paath, along-with evening Aarti would be Live Streamed.
- Entire Puja follows Vaishnav methodology (no animal sacrifice is performed).
- Upon completion dry Prasadam, Jayanti (Barley Sprouts) would be sent through Courier.
In Sampoorna Navratri (Durga) puja, on the first day, a Kalash with sacred Ganga Jal and other condiments are placed before a Idol or Picture of Maa Durga, this Kalash would remain unmoved on all Nine days of Navratri, with some Jow (barley) seeds spread in the sand on which the Kalash has been placed.
On each of the Nine Days, morning Sankalp, followed by Chandi (Durga Saprshati) paath is done along with Bhoga for Maa Durga, followed by Shama Prarthna and Aarti. In the evening Arti is again performed. On Maha Saptami (7th. Day), Maha Ashtami (8th. day), and Maha Navmi (9th. day) special puja is performed, on Maha Navmi Hawan is performed.
Benefits of Navratri Puja
- This puja will help you to overcome difficulties and financial problems.
- Helps achieve wisdom and success in life.
- Get rid of all kinds of negativity and fear.
- With the help of this puja, one can receive the divine blessing of Devi Durga.
- By performing this puja, wealth and prosperity is attained in life.
- This puja removes obstacles and worries in day to day life.
- This puja also helps in the safety of bad spirits.
- Navratri puja will also help to enhance self-confidence.