Dudh Abhishek or Abhishek with Cows milk is a form of worshiping Lord Shiva in his Rudra avatar, in which a Shivalinga is bathed with Milk in a thin stream from a Brass vessel called ‘Shringi’, which is constantly poured over the deity, along with chanting of Vedic mantra called the Rudra Sukta also referred to as Rudri Paath.
Dudh Abhishek is performed to invoke the blessings of Lord Rudra, the most ferocious form of Lord Shiv. Performing this puja is ideal to eradicate and overcome any obstacles you might come across in your life. Lord Ram did Rudrabhishek in Rameshwaram to invoke Lord Shiva’s blessings before going to war with Ravan.
Dudh Abhishek is performed by invoking Lord Rudra followed by the chanting of Rudra Sukta Mantra and then performing Rudrabhishek.
Benefits of :
- Rudrabhishek puja minimizes the malefic effect of Punarvasu, Pushya and Ashlesha Nakshatras and in turn, makes them beneficial.
- Prevents untimely incidents, accidents and bestows one with sound health, both physical and mental.
- Eliminates Karmic doshas and protects one from evil eye and negative energy.
- Bestows one’s family with peace, harmony, and prosperity.
Rudri Paath is a set of 8 chapters of Vedic shloka/mantras, together known as Rudrashtdhyayi,
- A single recitation of the entire set of 8 chapter is counted as One Avriti.
- One or Five Avritis are performed for a Abhishek (by 1 or 5 Shastris simultaneously)
- 11 Avrities are performed for RUDRA ABHISHEK. (11 Rudras and 1 Avriti for each Rudra, normally by 11 Shastris simultaneously)
- 11 x 11 Avriti’s are performed for LAGHU RUDRA (Normally by 11 Shastri/Purohits over the course of 6 to 11 days)
- 11 x 11 x 11 Avritis (equivalent to 11 Laghu Rudra) are Performed for MAHA RUDRA. (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
Dry Prasadam including Vibhuti, Sindur, Mauli would be dispatched to the devotee upon completion of Anushthan.